Thursday, September 27, 2007

First Out of Hospital Therapy

I am closing in on feeling normal. I started to exercise yesterday and it is surprising how little effort it takes to make me completely wiped-out. Still, at least I'm getting closer to thinking and feeling like before the whole incident. I know it will be a while since the steroids will keep playing with mood and blood sugar levels but sooner or later ...

I'll be heading off to an appointment in about 4 more hours to get my weekly dose of Rituxan and get my platelets counted. My doctor assures me that the office count is considerably faster than the hospital count. I guess he doesn't have as many people competing for results or he is after only specific immediate results. I'm sure they'll check everything since you have to visually check for red blood cell shapes and others.

The whole thing is still a little nerve-wracking and I'll be glad when it is done.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Thank you!

It is nice to shave again without fear.

Walking down the street has never seemed sweeter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission